Managed JScript without Silverlight

May 14, 2008 at 11:37 PM
Hi,

I would like to use the Managed JScript version released with the Silverlight Dynamic Languages SDK independently of the Silverlight runtime, that is binding to regular .NET 2.x assemblies.From my investigations, this would be a bit hacky, if possible at all...

Do you have any plans going towards that direction, or should I get up to speed with an Iron language to benefit from the latest DLR goodness in my non-Silverlight developments?

Best regards,
Damien
Jun 10, 2008 at 4:01 PM
I too am looking to use the DLR to run ManagedJScript on the .Net CLR, not in Silverlight (CoreCLR?).

I can do this easily with IronPython and IronRuby since I have their sources along with the DLR and none of the libraries actually rely on specific types in the Silverlight core dlls (such as system.dll v2.0.5.0).

Someone at MS: Are there any plans to release the ManagedJScript source or at least binaries built against .Net runtime dlls?

Thanks,
Shawn
Jun 13, 2008 at 5:26 PM
Looking at the DLR binaries that were included with the ASPNET Futures (beta?) package, they are all built against the real system.dll... unfortunately those libraries are more than a year old and I would imagine quite a bit of work has gone into the DLR and the languages since then.

Still hoping for a .Net build of Managed JScript...