Managed JScript Support in DLR 0.5.0

Mar 24, 2009 at 2:10 PM
I've came with the surprise that DLR 0.5.0 has no Managed JScript support. At least not that I can see. I would really apreciate someone to tell me if that's true, and why, since Managed JScript is a good production tool to develop not only in Silverlight but also in .NET. Therefore I'll have to stick with version 0.4.0 until support for Managed JScript is again taken into account.

Thank ins advance,
David
Mar 28, 2009 at 3:07 AM
I'd like to echo this comment, We are planning to use the DLR to allow configurators to customize our product, but Python and Ruby have unwelcoming syntaxes, JScript is the most readable for softcore developers. I'd like to see a 0.5.0 JScript dll as well
May 27, 2009 at 8:55 PM

I would also like to echo this comment. I was searching for ways to host Managed JScript in my application, but there were rumors that Managed JScript was axed from development. That would be a huge blow to us implementing the DLR in our application.

Jun 1, 2009 at 9:51 PM

From the Silverlight Dynamic Language SDK 0.5.0 release notes:

"Managed JScript has been removed from the package"

What is the official stance (or unofficial, as the case may be) regarding an ECMA-232 compliant version of JavaScript on the DLR?  We are specifically interested in a "server-side" implementation for application scripting, outside of ASP.NET if possible.

- James

Jun 10, 2009 at 10:53 PM

"What is the official stance..." I believe was answered in this thread http://dlr.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=58121   (for lurkers)