Chiron Hosting an Old Version of Silverlight

Jun 14, 2009 at 1:00 PM

I start the server with script\server /b which brings up IE with a directory structure.

After moving into samples\python\clock\index.html it says I need to install silverlight.  However I already have silverlight installed and Microsoft agrees and says the server is using an old version of silverlight.

Coordinator
Jun 14, 2009 at 6:51 PM

Works for me, both with Silverlight 2 and 3 already installed, and without Silverlight installed (the image-link saying you need to install Silverlight directs to the appropriate SL2 version), AND in IE8 and FF3 on Windows.

Can you provide more information? What version do you have installed? Silverlight 2 should be 2.0.40115, which the microsoft.com/silverlight website says is "Silverlight 2 GDR 1". What browser/OS are you using? Do other Silverlight apps work for you?

And to correct your terminology, Chiron is simply a web-server which can auto-xap a DLR Silverlight application for easy development (as well as create the xap file on disk for deployment). It doesn't host Silverlight at all; just takes the DLR binaries and creates the XAP. Each sample is responcible for hosting Silverlight in their index.html pages with an <object> tag.

Jun 15, 2009 at 12:09 AM

Thanks for the quick response and correction.

I am using IE 8.0.7100

It says I have Silverlight 2 version Silverlight 2GDR 1(2.0.40115.0)

http://www.voidspace.org.uk/ironpython/minimal2/index.html

this site seems to work fine for me

Jun 15, 2009 at 12:19 AM

http://www.voidspace.org.uk/ironpython/controls/index.html

This site works as well.

However when I download the source and have chiron make the xap file it just produces a blank page.

If I try and make the xap file myself I get the same thing.  My understanding is the xap file is just a zip of the app folder with the extention changed to xap.

Coordinator
Jun 15, 2009 at 4:59 PM
A XAP is a zip file of the app folder with the extension changed, but it also contains the DLR/Ruby/Python assemblies. I'll see if I can reproduce what you're seeing and get back to you.
Jun 15, 2009 at 5:09 PM
I have the visifire xap file working from the HD.
Maybe if you could post your xap file I could try that.

I appeciate anything you can do.
On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 11:59 AM, jimmysch <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

A XAP is a zip file of the app folder with the extension changed, but it also contains the DLR/Ruby/Python assemblies. I'll see if I can reproduce what you're seeing and get back to you.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (sdlsdk@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email sdlsdk@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Jun 18, 2009 at 12:15 AM

I don't know how I did it but I think I originally download a bad version of agdlr-0.5.0.

My version only have three samples within python directory.

Anyways the latest version works for me.

Thanks Anyways, 

Ben

Jun 20, 2009 at 4:04 AM

I found it through a friend who had the same problem

http://www.codeplex.com/sdlsdk/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=11955

Coordinator
Jun 20, 2009 at 8:07 AM

Sure, sdlsdk-0.1.0 will be confused because it's expecting the public version of Silverlight to be 2.0 Beta 1, not 2.0 RTW. Please use 0.5.0, or use the builds from IronRuby or IronPython.

~js

From: Ben_Christenson [mailto:notifications@codeplex.com]
Sent: Friday, June 19, 2009 9:05 PM
To: Jimmy Schementi
Subject: Re: Chiron Hosting an Old Version of Silverlight [sdlsdk:59461]

I found it through a friend who had the same problem

http://www.codeplex.com/sdlsdk/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=11955

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (sdlsdk@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email sdlsdk@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com